Overwatch update 2.59 is now available players on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Overwatch 2.59 changelog, the latest update has added new map – Paris and contains fixes for issues related to framerate drop, game crashing, stuttering/lag, client bugs, and UI bugs. In addition, the Overwatch version 2.59 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with a new seasonal event: Lunar New Year 2019 and various other changes. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Overwatch patch 2.59 is expected to fix all these issues.
Overwatch Update 2.59 Changelog
New Map – Paris
Paris, an elegant city of art and romance, is the home of our newest Assault map.
Begin your journey at the Cabaret Luna, where the velvety alto voice of preeminent diva Luna charms movie stars, revolutionaries, locals, and tourists alike. After the encore, step outside to see the sights and seize victory. Artisanal shops line the streets as you approach the first point, so duck in to sample a macaron or escape enemy fire. Battle through alleys and corridors before clashing with your foes on the banks of the Seine. Once you establish dominance over your adversaries, make your way to Maison Marat and deliver the coup-de-grâce.
- Non-recoverable health, shields, and armor are now consumed before recoverable health, shields, and armor
- Previous priority order: non-recoverable shields, recoverable shields, non-recoverable armor, recoverable armor, non-recoverable health, and recoverable health
- New priority order: non-recoverable shields, non-recoverable armor, non-recoverable health, recoverable shields, recoverable armor, and recoverable health
GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAMES UPDATES
- Players can appoint lobby ownership to other players in custom games
- Fixed a bug in Mystery Heroes that caused the HUD to display an “Unspecified” notification when transitioning from Skirmish to a match
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes to use the “Behind You” voice line if affected by a damage over time ability
- Fixed a bug that prevented the lit fuse on Ashe’s dynamite from being visible if it was deflected by Genji
- Fixed a bug that caused Mercy or Ana to see a skull hit marker on their screen if they were healing Ashe when she detonated her dynamite
- Fixed a bug that caused the lever on Ashe’s rifle to slip out of her hands when she used her Flourish emote
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s rifle to glow significantly brighter when hit with Ana’s Nano Boost
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s reload to cancel if she used the “Hello” emote
- Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va from being visible to teammates if her Junker or Scavenger skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug that prevented the flags on D.Va’s mech from animating during her Lying Around highlight intro if her Junker or Scavenger skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused the arrow arcs of Hanzo’s Storm Arrow ability to be visually incorrect
- Fixed a bug with Junkrat’s Mine Like a Steel Trap achievement that prevented Ashe’s Bob from counting as a valid target
- Fixed a bug that caused the tail on Junkrat’s Krampus skin to clip into the ground during his Shot Put highlight intro
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s hat to fold into itself when she used Cryo-Freeze with the Mei-rry skin equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Bob to stop attacking Mei if she used Cyro-Freeze on top of his head
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper’s shoulder to clip through his collar during the Executioner highlight intro if his Lü Bu skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from hitting an enemy if they were pinned by his charge but survived after traveling the maximum distance
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer to make a hammer sound rather a blade impact sound if his Guan Yu skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused the visual effects for Soldier: 76’s Tactical Visor to persist after the ability ended if the Ultimate Duration slider was set above 100% in a custom game
- Fixed a bug where Symmetra’s teleporter could be used to reach unintended locations
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s turrets to float in midair after being teleported onto a moving object
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from previewing Orisa’s Supercharger in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from rotating hero models in the Hero Gallery if the Mouse 1 button was bound to a keybind in the Miscellaneous section
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Owned and Unowned filters from displaying accurate results in the Hero Gallery
Game Browser and Custom Games
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from using the word “support” in the Game Browser
- Fixed a bug that caused a backfill player to become a spectator if a group leader rejoined the match after leaving
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to throw her Translocator to unintended locations in Blizzard World
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes to clip into a railing when spawning in Château Guillard
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to throw her Translocator through a certain wall in Dorado
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s turrets to attach to the wall behind her rather than the intended target in Numbani
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s Bob to instantly break destructible tiles on Petra
- Fixed a bug that prevented an accurate error message from appearing when a player tried to accept a friend invite if their friend list was full
- Fixed a bug that caused performance issues whenever the kill feed updated
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s ultimate indicator to float in the spectator UI when Meteor Strike was fully charged
- Fixed a bug that prevented Quick Melee icons from displaying in the kill feed
- Fixed a bug that prevented the “Draw” notification from displaying color blind colors
- Fixed a bug that prevented the melee icon from appearing in the kill feed after eliminating training bots, Torbjörn’s turret, Orisa’s Supercharger, D.Va’s mech, and Ashe’s Bob
- Added fixes for some crashing issues with Overwatch patch 2.59.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Overwatch version 2.59 stability improvements.
- Added various UI fixes.
- Other minor under the hood improvements added with Overwatch version 2.59.
Overwatch update 2.59 is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.