Overwatch update 2.56 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available. According to the official Overwatch 2.56 patch notes, the new update brings new Winter Wonderland 2018 event, new changes and improvements as well as addresses issues related to framerate drop, stuttering/lag, client bugs, game crashing, and UI bugs. In addition, the Overwatch version 2.56 also includes various performance and stability improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with a New Hero: Ashe and various other changes. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Overwatch patch 2.55 is expected to fix all these issues.
Overwatch Update 2.56 Patch Notes (Updated)
New Seasonal Event: Winter Wonderland 2018
Overwatch is getting into the holiday spirit for the next three weeks! Expand your collection and enjoy two winter brawls: Yeti Hunter and Mei’s Snowball Offensive. Visit Blizzard World to watch the snow fall, admire its twinkling nighttime lights, and savor the sight of confectionary-inspired décor.
Of course, we have new presents for you to unwrap from our Winter Loot Boxes! Unlock new seasonal items—including legendary skins like Krampus Junkrat, Sugar Plum Fairy Mercy, Figure Skater Symmetra, and more.
- An option to use Windows Spatial Audio is now available. This feature can be found in the Windows Start Menu under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Speaker Device > Spatial Sound
- Bob will now have a golden tint when Ashe equips her golden weapon
- Configuration: Recon
- Ammo increased from 25 to 35
- Configuration: Sentry
- Weapon spread decreased by up to 33% while firing
- Shield Bash
- No longer can travel or stun targets through barriers
- Damage reduced from 50 to 5
- Cooldown reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second
- Duration increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds
- Total healing increased from 80 to 100
- Rising Uppercut
- Loss of air control duration lowered from 3 seconds to 0.6 seconds
- Seismic Slam
- Maximum range reduced from 20 meters to 15 meters
- Targets no longer lose air control while being pulled in
- Meteor Strike
- Inner ring damage radius increased from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
- Outer ring maximum damage decreased from 300 to 200
- Alternate fire damage increased from 45 to 55
- Molten Core
- Damage increased from 130 to 160 per second
- Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn bot to use some of his ultimate while attempting to repair his turret
- Fixed a bug that caused Athena’s voice lines to overlap if the match was a draw
- Fixed a bug that prevented a landing exertion visual effect from playing when a hero impacted a slippery surface before landing
- Fixed an issue that caused enemy players to appear to have jittery movement at framerates over 100
- Fixed issues that could cause the client to miscalculate projectiles
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s Dynamite to create a second small explosion visual effect a few moments after the first explosion
- Fixed a bug that prevented Ashe’s Dynamite from playing its fire visual effects on enemy abilities (e.g. Junkrat’s Steel Trap or Mei’s Ice Wall)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Ashe’s Dynamite from exploding if it fell into small gaps
- Fixed a bug that prevented spectators from seeing enemy outline’s through Ashe’s scope
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe to see Zarya’s Project Barrier visual effects when Bob was the ability’s target
- Fixed a bug that caused Bob to slip off Mei’s Ice Wall
- Fixed a bug that allowed Bob to push Bastion in Sentry mode when hit by his charge
- Fixed a bug that prevented a charging Bob from opening the airlock doors on Horizon: Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug that caused Bob elbow to briefly disappear when waving
- Fixed a bug that caused Bob to continuously charge into a small piece of collision instead of stopping
- Fixed a bug that prevented Ashe’s Coach Gun from displacing breakables on maps
- Fixed a bug that caused Bastion’s Tank mode treads to continue moving while stunned
- Fixed a bug that caused Bastion’s colored outline to include squares floating above him while in Configuration: Tank
- Fixed a bug that allowed Brigitte to travel through Mei in Cryo-freeze when using Shield Bash
- Fixed a bug with the Lying Around highlight intro that caused Cruiser D.Va’s hair to clip into the mech
- Fixed a bug that caused McCree’s Deadeye animation and sound effects to play twice if it was canceled quickly
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain ultimate charge by damage boosting a Pharah as she damages herself
- Fixed a bug that allowed Moira’s Biotic Orbs to go through or get stuck in walls and other collision
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from traveling over certain terrain
- Fixed a bug that caused Sombra to hear the detected sound effect when entering stealth or teleporting
- Fixed a bug that caused additional sound effects to play while viewing Symmetra’s Creation victory pose in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug with Symmetra’s teleporter where it would play its self-destruct sound effects when viewed in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that allowed Symmetra to teleport her turrets under terrain
- Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn’s turret to be built at an extreme angle if it landed on the edge of an object
- Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker’s Venom Mine to reveal enemy barriers through walls
- Fixed a bug that caused Wrecking Ball to briefly hit maximum speed before returning to normal speed when he used his Grappling Claw at maximum distance
- Fixed a bug that prevented players’ Competitive Point currency deduction from visually updating after purchasing a golden weapon
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes to display a t-pose briefly when viewing Highlight Intros with the UI disabled
- Fixed a bug that caused the hero select countdown timer to remain at 29 seconds
- Fixed a bug that gave unintended access to certain ledges
- Fixed a bug that caused the ground beneath the western soundstage’s gates to be slippery while the gates were open
Temple of Anubis
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from standing on the staircase ledge near the first point
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Mystery Heroes ruleset from being used while in a Mystery Heroes skirmish
- Fixed a bug that caused the kill feed to overlap with other UI elements while spectating players
- Fixed a bug that caused a player’s UI to appear as the enemy color during FFA Deathmatch games
- Fixed a bug that prevented colorblind set team colors from appearing on the tab and victory screens
- Fixed a bug that prevented player name plates from appearing in the hero select screen
- Fixed a bug that prevented the end of round score screen from properly displaying team colors
- Fixed a bug that prevented enemy Torbjörn’s turret health bar from displaying its team color
- Added fixes for some crashing issues with Overwatch patch 2.56.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Overwatch version 2.56 stability improvements.
- Fixed a bug to reduce load failures into game on under minimum spec systems
- Added other minor fixes with Overwatch version 2.56.
- Various UI fixes and changes.
Overwatch update 2.56 is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.