Overwatch update 2.57 is now available for PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Overwatch 2.57 patch notes, the new update adds Ana’s Bastet Challenge, Overwatch League 2019 Season Skins and much more. In addition, the Overwatch version 2.57 also includes fixes for the several issues related to framerate drop, stuttering/lag, client bugs, game crashing, and UI bugs.
Previously, a big update was released with a New Hero: Ashe and various other changes. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Overwatch patch 2.57 is expected to fix all these issues.
Overwatch Update 2.57 Patch Notes
Ana’s Bastet Challenge
Overwatch patch 2.57 brings Ana’s journey in the short story “Bastet” to Overwatch with some special, unlockable in-game content. Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will all earn you a limited-time player icon, victory pose, and a new epic skin: BASTET ANA!
Tune in to participating Twitch broadcasters while they’re playing Overwatch anytime through January 21 to earn five Ana’s Bastet Challenge sprays!
Overwatch League 2019 Season Skins
Team uniforms come to life as in-game skins! Skin are now ready to equip in-game for the eight new Overwatch League 2019 teams: Atlanta Reign, Chengdu Hunters, Guangzhou Charge, Hangzhou Spark, Paris Eternal, Toronto Defiant, Vancouver Titans, and Washington Justice. Represent your favorite team (or teams) in-game with skins for every hero.
GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAME UPDATES
- Status effect icons now display on the afflicted heroes’ portraits
- An option to toggle an over-the-shoulder spectator camera is now available. This feature can be found under Options > Gameplay > Use Simple 3P Spectator Camera
- An option to mute voice lines while spectating is now available. This feature can be found under Options > Gameplay > Enable Voice Lines While Spectating
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s scoped view to stutter when playing with a high framerate
- Overwatch 2.57 fixed a bug that caused Brigitte to pivot when exiting third-person view after lowering her Barrier Shield
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt’s Earthshatter to not be visible to other players if he used it while recovering from a stun
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to pivot when exiting third-person view after lowering his Barrier Field
- Overwatch version 2.57 fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn’s turret to be built at an extreme angle if it landed on the edge of an object
- Fixed a bug that prevented Winston from dealing damage when landing at the maximum range of Jump Pack
- Overwatch 2.57 ffxed a bug that prevented players’ Competitive Points deduction from visually updating after purchasing a golden weapon
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on the chimney above the attacker’s initial spawn room
- Overwatch update 2.57 fixed a bug that prevented the blast shields from moving in MEKA Base while in a skirmish match
- Fixed a bug that caused the railing above the first objective to block projectiles after being destroyed
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on top of the sign for Moriarty’s Fine Books behind the first objective
- Added fixes for some crashing issues with Overwatch patch 2.57.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Fixed a visual bug that prevented “The Boo!” Spray from properly showing.
- Overwatch version 2.57 stability improvements.
- Added other minor fixes with Overwatch version 2.57.
- Various UI fixes and changes.
Overwatch update 2.57 is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.