A new Need for Speed Payback Update 1.06 will soon roll out on PS4 and Xbox One. Need for Speed Payback 1.06 update has now fixed an issue related to Speedcross. In addition, the patch also includes minor bug fixes and improvements. The update size is around 395mb on PC. The Read full patch notes below.
Need for Speed Payback Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue in Speedcross. Now players will no longer see traffic appear throughout the course.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Performance-Based Matchmaking Fixes
- Starter cars will only be paired up with other cars in the 100-175 Performance Level range.
- Mid-level cars will be only paired up with other cars of +/- 75 Performance Level.
- Maxed out cars will only be paired up with cars within the 324-399 Performance Level range.
- If no players are found on servers within these ranges, the active player will be placed on a new server.
- Important note: When matchmaking players, the average Performance Level of the entire loadout is used.
Speedlist Skill Ranking Fixes
- Players will no longer drop excessively in the ranks when losing.
- The top 50% of players will increase in rank (with the 1st player gaining the most and others gradually gaining less).
- The bottom 50% of players will decrease in rank (with the last player losing the most rank points and the others gradually losing less).
- Important note: Players ranks are calculated based on individual event performance, not the overall Speedlists results.
- High Performance Level loaner cars now available in Speedlists (these cars can be used to get a feel for all levels of play, but cannot be upgraded or customized).
- Runner cars can now be used in the Race loadout slot, to counter crash happy players.
The new update is also expected to fix an issue where some PS4 users are unable to access the Speedcross update.
Recently, big NFS update 1.05 was released with new cars, new game mode and more.
Check your game update and download the latest Need for Speed Payback Update 1.06 on your PS4, Xbox One, and PC.