MLB The Show 18 update 1.10 is now rolling out on PlayStation 4. According to the official MLB The Show 18 1.10 patch notes, the new update has made adjustments to the range of PCI movement outside of the strike zone. Apart from this, players will no longer be penalized for quickly re-entering the pause menu in BR games after MLB The Show 18 version 1.10 update. Check out more details below.
Recently, update 1.09 was released with a big list of changes. The update made some logic adjustments to increase the urgency of fielding in the infield.
MLB The Show 18 update 1.10 Patch Notes
- Adjustments made to the range of PCI movement outside of the strike zone on all difficulties beyond Rookie. Veteran is allowed 1.5 inches. All Star, Hall of Fame, and Legend is allowed 3 inches.
- Notes: The game developers noticed some hit-type issues with balls low in the zone, which is likely one of the driving factors of the current pitching meta. Players will able to extend their PCI below the zone allowing them to generate new hit types (eg: line drives, fly balls, etc…) Extending the range will also allow for better delineation of player skill with pitches just outside of the zone. See the examples below:
- In two-player games, hit types will more closely match PCI input (after timing, attributes and all other factors are involved). Single-player is unaffected.
- Notes: This is a slight reduction of simulation aspects that we mentioned earlier that could have pushed a hit type up or down two categories based on the hitters fly-ball or ground-ball tendencies. The game devs haven’t completely removed those tendencies, but they have been reduced to better match the results of your inputs. Remember, there are a lot variables that go into every hit ball.
- Slightly smaller PCI coverage, affecting weak hits and tip fouls. Does not affect solid region of the PCI. This change affects all modes.
- Notes: The change will inevitably induce more swing-and-misses especially for low vision/contact hitters. Remember that the PCI does not represent the barrel of the bat.
(In this example we showcase Mark Reynolds 80 OVR, Adam Jones 86 OVR All-Star Flashback)
- Accuracy improvement for Swing Analysis PCI feedback, especially when swinging early outside or late inside. This affects the visual OSD only and not game play or results.
- Notes: Keep in mind that even within ‘Good’ timing feedback, you can be slightly early or late – when early outside or late inside, this triggers a small power penalty and moves the PCI slightly.
- Smaller PCI and slightly increased pitch speeds in Ranked Seasons, Battle Royale, and Events.
Quality of life and misc changes in MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.10
- Users will no longer be penalized for quickly re-entering the pause menu in BR games.
- Users will now be prompted to pinch hit in BR when a pitcher steps up to the plate after MLB The Show 18 patch 1.10.
- Created Players in Diamond Dynasty will now accurately show stats above 99 while in game. Note: equipment bonuses will not display in the front end DD menus.
- MLB The Show 18 1.10 update has fixed certain stats within the Universal Profile that were showing incorrect values (Offensive: H, R, HR, SB. Defensive: H, ER, K, HR, BB). Users may see these stats have reset, but will now record correctly.
Check your game update and download the latest MLB The Show 18 update 1.10.