H1Z1 update 1.29 is now rolling out for players on PS4. According to the H1Z1 1.29 patch notes, the game is now out of beta on PlayStation 4 and includes all-new features like the Battle Pass, a new vehicle, and two new weapons, and more. In addition, the latest H1Z1 version 1.29 also comes with stability and performance improvements. Check out more details below.
Recently, a big update was released with vehicle tuning, new lighting, as well as fixes for the issues related to performance. Unfortunately, since this patch, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game online. The new H1Z1 patch 1.29 update is expected to fix these issues.
H1Z1 1.29 Patch Notes for PS4
The Battle Pass is a new feature where you can earn brand new rewards (such as new skins and new emotes) from regular gameplay and completing your Daily Challenges. Earning 10 Battle Pass Medals will increase your Battle Pass tier by 1. There are three different Battle Pass lines: Free, PlayStation Plus, and Premium.
Every player is automatically granted the Free line of the Battle Pass. If you are a PlayStation Plus member, you will automatically be granted the PlayStation Plus line as well. You can purchase the Premium line of the Battle Pass for 500 Crowns through the in-game Battle Pass menu, or for a similar amount of your local currency from the PlayStation Store (note: the PlayStation Store version of the Premium line includes an extra bonus item!).
Launch day marks the start of Season 1 for the Battle Pass, with Season 1 ending on Tuesday, October 16.
Matches now provide XP for the current Season and your new Season Level. As you level up during a Season, you will earn Battle Pass Medals. The start of a new Season will reset your Season Level back to 1.
Your Skulls have been converted to Credits at a ratio of 50-to-1 (rounded up). Your purchasing power with Credits remains the same as it was with Skulls, as item prices have also been adjusted to reflect the change.
There is now a Marketplace with new items available where you can spend your Credits. Items available in the Marketplace can be purchased for Credits OR Crowns. The items available in the Marketplace rotate at various times, on a 24 or 72 hour schedule.
Weapons and Game Balance in H1Z1 Update 1.29 for PS4
- The M40 Sniper will now kill an opponent in one shot to the head regardless of helmet. To help balance its power a bit, chambering a new round will pull you out of scoped view. The M40 can now be found in Gold airdrops.
- The AR-15 can now be found as regular ground loot.
- Explosive Arrows have had their splash damage toned down.
- The Crossbow has been moved into Green airdrops after H1Z1 update 1.29 for PS4.
- The Hellfire SMG now has an increased damage dropoff so that it is not nearly as effective at medium to long range after H1Z1 1.29 for PS4.
New Weapon – M1 SOCOM
The SOCOM is a new sniper rifle that is available in Purple airdrops. It is a semi-automatic sniper and fills a similar role that the M40 used to.
New Weapon – RPG
Found in Gold airdrops, the RPG is the preeminent anti-vehicle weapon. Rockets shoot in a straight line once you fire them (they are not guided or fly-by-wire), so skill will be required to hit fast-moving targets.
The Armored Recon Vehicle is now available! It is the toughest but also the slowest moving vehicle in the game. It features an open hatch on top that allows a player to stand up and rotate 360 degrees to fire in any direction. Crouching will pull the player back into the cabin. It is a rare spawn in the world or can drop during both Green and Purple airdrops, so be on the lookout!
- The weapon wheel now has a colored outline that represents the weapon’s rarity.
- Combat Boots now show up as Green (Level 1) as they provide a boost in speed.
- Military Crates have been swapped to a different model.
- There is a new option available to set ADS to a toggle instead of holding it down.
- To provide more feedback, vibration has been added when your Armor or Helmet breaks.
- The vehicle HUD has been updated with a cleaner and more legible look.
- Trophies have been added!
Bug Fixes in H1Z1 version 1.29 for PS4
- H1Z1 1.29 fixed an issue where vehicles would not start burning until they were at 18.5% health instead of the intended 20%.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could be killed by the environment when a teammate was downed.
- H1Z1 update 1.29 fixed an issue where the client could lock when entering a vehicle that was just exited.
- Player no longer occasionally swaps to a different throwable type after throwing after H1Z1 patch 1.29 for PS4.
- Attempting to throw a grenade (when the user has no throwables) no longer cancels reload.
- Weapon reload audio now plays only once per reload.
- Coughing sound effects no longer persist after exposure to a gas grenade ends, and no longer play when entering a vehicle after being hit by a gas grenade.
- Damage is now refreshed when moving out of one gas grenade into another. Damage does not stack, however.
- Airdrop Crate interaction animations now match the game timer and respect interrupts and restarts.
- Remote players now display the correct weapon stance.
- Revive prompt now displays the target’s name correctly (unpluralized).
- Button prompts on the radial menu are now hidden when a player is downed.
- The M40 now reloads automatically after emptying the clip after H1Z1 1.29 for PS4.
- The Message of the Day image no longer occasionally flickers on the Main Menu.
- Tutorial Challenge #5 “Find a Rifle” no longer occasionally fails to complete on the first attempt. Finding a shotgun also no longer grants credit for this Challenge.
- The M9 and Magnum are now properly in view when previewing these weapons.
- Play Again search timers are no longer inverted.
- Hat skins can now be previewed after equipping any helmet after H1Z1 patch 1.29.
- Switching Rides slots in the Customize menu no longer causes tints to skin over incorrect vehicle types.
- Confirmation box added to “Restore All Defaults” in Settings.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the game music to play twice.
- H1Z1 version 1.29 addressed a rare crash that could occur after exiting a match.
- Fixed several inconsistencies in the Controls UI.
- Fixed several issues with item naming, rarities, and auto-skinning.
- H1Z1 1.29 addressed several minor issues in the UI such as incorrect icons and highlighting.
H1Z1 update 1.29 for PS4 is now available for download.