Fortnite update 1.31 (v1.9.1) released for PS4, Xbox One, and Mac. Fortnite version 1.31 includes support for Xbox One X and new Smoke grenades. Xbox One X pushes the game’s visual settings comparable to a PCs “Epic” quality. In addition, Fortnite version 1.31 introducing two new leaderboards – Global Wins and Score. Check out more details below.
Fortnite 1.31 Patch Notes
Smoke Grenade – Battle Royale
This non-lethal grenade is thrown like a frag but obscures vision with a white smoke instead of splodin’ other players. This grenade can be found in all container types and can spawn randomly as floor loot.
New Leaderboards – Battle Royale
Introducing two new leaderboards:
- Global Wins
- A global leaderboard spotlighting the top 50 players for the selected match type. Measured by wins.
- Measured by the amount of total experience gained.
Vindertech Weapons – Save the World
All new weapons available during this Mutant Storms season.
Mutant Storms Return – Save the World
Mutant storms are now available with Fortnite 1.31 update. Stormchasers can earn storm tickets as they fight back hordes of mutated husks.
BATTLE ROYALE Changes in Fortnite Version 1.31 (v1.9.1)
- Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- The original Rocket Launcher has replaced the Pumpkin Launcher.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fortnite 1.31 addressed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fortnite version 1.31 Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Fortnite 1.31 fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fortnite update 1.31 addressed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Fortnite 1.31 reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.
- Xbox One X support is now added with Fortnite update 1.31.
- Fortnite on Xbox One X pushes the game’s visual settings comparable to what you’d see on a PC set to “Epic” quality.
- This includes better-quality reflections (including screen space reflections being enabled); higher quality post processes like motion blur, anti-aliasing, and depth of field; great draw distances; more detailed foliage; shadow casting enabled on more lights and objects; and higher resolution textures and shadows.
- Content is rendered at 80% of 4K and then upsampled to 4K via a high-quality software upsampler. The HUD is rendered in 4K.
- Removed the black artifacts that appear while sprinting on Xbox One.
- Fortnite 1.31 addressed an Xbox One only issue which prevented players from logging in if they signed out and quickly signed back into their Xbox One live account in-game.
- If a friend fails to join the party, they will no longer appear to be in party via the PS4 profile and friend’s status.
SAVE THE WORLD Changes in Fortnite Update 1.31
- Mutant Storms
- The Fortnitemares event has ended and Mutant Storms have returned!
- For every 500 unspent Halloween tickets you will receive a Halloween llama, available in the loot tab.
- Fight the storm and earn tickets from missions up to 10 times per day.
- New Event Quests specific to Mutant Storms have been added.
- Vindertech Weapons
- Pulsar – Accurate burst assault rifle.
- Burster – Pistol that fires powerful 3-shot bursts.
- Blazer – Rapid-fire machine pistol.
- Disintegrator – Shotgun that fires balls of plasma.
- Jolter – Energy sniper rifle.
- Blaster – Powerful scoped heavy pistol.
- Slammer – High-speed rocket hammer.
- Sever – Light energy axe with a fast attack speed.
- Slicer – Medium energy sword.
- Players can loot these weapons from event quests and event llamas.
- The number of Storm Tickets given out by Mutant Storms will now be consistent across all hexes of the same difficulty level.
- Fortnite version 1.31 updated the Zapper pistol projectile to no longer inherit the velocity of the character wielding it.
- This weapon is now more reliable and accurate.
- Fixed an issue which caused some of green hexes to not award XP.
- Fortnite update 1.31 updated Rocket Hammer descriptions to be consistent across all rarities and tiers.
- Improved controller navigation in the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ninja icons to be tiny.
- Fortnite 1.31 addressed a rare crash that could occur when closing the game.
Check your game update and download latest Fortnite update 1.31 on your PS4 and Xbox One.