Fortnite Update 1.42 is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. According to the official Fortnite 1.42 patch notes, the new version brings Valentine’s Day themed skins and a new Crossbow in Battle Royale. In addition, Fortnite version 1.42 also includes various bug fixes and game improvements. This update also fixed an issue with Item Shop panels where it disappears after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
Check out more details below.
Fortnite Update 1.42 Patch Notes
- Added new Valentine’s Day themed skins for Battle Royale players.
- Added the Crossbow weapon to Battle Royale.
Battle Royale Changes in Fortnite 1.42
- The Shooting Test #1 Limited-Time Mode has been switched to Solo only.
- Known Issue: The Shooting Test does not save progression for stats or challenges.
- With Fortnite version 1.42 update, Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200%.
- Scoped Assault Rifle is now 100% accurate when zoomed in.
- Scoped Assault Rifle no longer has damage fall-off.
- Players will no longer slide off rooftops.
- Fortnite version 1.42 has added a fix for an issue where Item Shop panels disappearing after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
- Added a fix for collision inconsistencies in certain basement corners.
- Fortnite Update 1.42 addressed a hole in the terrain south of Retail Row.
Fortnite 1.42 has added a New Crossbow Weapons
- This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
- Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
- This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants.
Save the World Changes in Fortnite Version 1.42
Save the World players will receive new Quests, events, bug fixes, quality of life improvements and more next week.
- Known Issue: Chests have low-resolution graphics on the results screen
- With Fortnite 1.42 patch, Trophies will now properly be awarded to PS4 players
Check your game update and download latest the latest Fortnite update 1.42 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.