ESO update 1.42 patch notes for PS4 and Xbox One is now available. According to the official ESO 1.42 patch notes, the new Elder Scrolls Online update 1.42 includes improvements to performance in Trials, as well as a fix for character re-ordering so the order will now be saved. Apart from this, the new ESO version 1.42 also added some combat fixes including single-target cast time abilities canceling the cast immediately and a change for Weapon Enchantments and poisons so they no longer proc from single-target DoT effects
Previously, a big update was released with Wolfhunter DLC Game Pack with two new 4-player dungeons allowing you to venture into the Hunting Grounds of Hircine. Unfortunately, after the last patch, many players encounter a number of problems when trying to play the game on the consoles. Today’s ESO 1.42 update expected to solve all these problems. Check out more details below.
ESO Update 1.42 For PS4 Patch Notes
- You can now fast travel to group members who are inside either the Teeth of Sithis or Tsofeer Cavern Delves.
- Teeth of Sithis: You will now be able to find all required objects to complete this quest.
- Fixed an issue where Psijic Portals were appearing in Murkmire more often than intended. Psijic Portal appearance rates are now in line with those of most other zones, with only Summerset having a greater appearance rate (as intended).
- Fixed an issue preventing Bloodscent Dew from displaying an icon in your inventory.
- ESO version 1.42 for PS4 fixed an issue where single-target cast time abilities, such as Uppercut or Dark Flare, would cancel the cast immediately if you did not keep your target within your reticle during the entire cast time.
- Fixed an issue where spamming cast time or channeled abilities, such as Puncturing Strikes or Dark Flare, would cause a delay to occur between each cast of those abilities.
- ESO patch 1.42 for PS4 improved the collision to better match the various Imperial Bridge House destruction states.
- You will no longer be dismounted when jumping out of the spawn locations in Istirus while mounted.
- Sharnag, located in Grahtwood, has shed his Naga disguise and revealed himself as a male orc.
- ESO version 1.42 fixed a rare issue where, if you were over the furnishing limit for a home, retrieving a furnishing and then undoing that retrieval could result in the loss of that furnishing.
- Fixed an issue where portions of the Lakemire Xanmeer Manor would disappear when viewed from certain locations.
- ESO update 1.42 fixed a crash that would occasionally occur during combat.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when viewing the Journal.
- Fixed a UI error related to the dye system.
- Your character order from the Character Select screen will now be saved after re-ordering.
- ESO 1.42 fixed an issue where you could use “pull” abilities, such as Fiery Grip or Silver Leash, to move immovable monsters.
- Weapon Enchantments and poisons will no longer proc from single-target Damage over Time effects of any weapon ability. The following effects can no longer proc Weapon Enchantments or poisons:
- The Damage over Time from Cleave and its morphs
- The Damage over Time from Twin Slashes and its morphs
- All damage from Lacerate and its morphs
- The residual Damage over Time from Toxic Barrage
- The Damage over Time from Acid Spray
- The Damage over Time from Poison Arrow and its morphs
- The Damage over Time from Destructive Touch and its morphs
- Major Expedition’s visual effects will no longer become stuck on player characters
Fixes & Improvements, Murkmire
- The target completion time for Blackrose Prison is now correctly set at 40 minutes as originally intended, rather than 30 minutes.
- Arena 5: Drakeeh’s Cage
- Resurrected Prisoners will now do less damage with Uppercut and Shock Aura on Normal difficulty.
- Drakeeh’s Negate Magic ability can no longer be interrupted.
- The Vengeful Revenant’s Soul Rupture and Soul Cage abilities will no longer instantly complete, thus doing damage, should the Vengeful Revenant be killed while casting them.
- Fixed a typo in the achievement previously known as Fiendish Fauna. It will now be known as Fiendish Flora, because Trap Plants are plants, as their name so coyly suggests.
- ESO version 1.42 addressed an issue where Murkmire’s Foul Water Trophy fish were unable to be caught.
- Catching the Spotted Seatrout now properly gives credit towards the Murkmire Master Angler achievement.
- Fixed an issue where completing Blackrose Prison would sometimes grant you two one-handed weapons for the Gallant Charge item set, or a one-hander from each of the Gallant Charge and Spectral Cloak item sets. Now, when you obtain a weapon from the Gallant Charge item set, you will always acquire a shield in the Gallant Charge set with it as well; when you acquire a weapon from the Spectral Cloak item set, you will always acquire a second weapon in the Spectral Cloak set with it, as well.
- The Weight of Words: You will now be able to collect Tablet of the Void Fragments in any order without being blocked from progressing.
Maw of Lorkhaj
- Zhaj’hassa the Forgotten’s Slithering Darkness ability will no longer look like a spoopy, headless Breton.
Combat & Gameplay
Combat & Abilities
- Fixed an issue where both of your Dual Wield weapon enchantments were proccing from a single damage from Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or Weapon Ability.
- ESO update 1.42 addressed an issue where single-target cast time abilities, such as Uppercut or Dark Flare, would cancel the cast immediately if you did not keep your target within your reticle during the entire cast time.
- Player pets will now take 85% less damage from all Area of Effect and Damage over Time attacks. They will continue to take 100% less damage from all attacks in group dungeons, trials, and arenas.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Blade of Woe ability to not function specifically on the Mac game client.
- Dead-Water’s Guile: Fixed an issue where this item set would only proc when you got the killing blow on an enemy, and not when that enemy died within 2 seconds of you damaging them.
- Soldier of Anguish: Fixed an issue where this item set would proc on any melee attack instead of only melee Light Attacks.
Fixes and Improvements.
- Fixed a hole found under Alessia Bridge.
- ESO version 1.42 improved the collision to better match the various Imperial Bridge House destruction states.
- Vaults of Madness
- Grothdarr’s Burning Hate ability should no longer look like a spoopy, headless Breton on fire.
- ESO patch 1.42 addressed an issue introduced in Update 20 that made using intractable furnishings less reliable.
Mac Game Client
- ESO 1.42 addressed an issue that would cause the client to lock up when using Alt + Tab.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the window to appear all black when going to windowed mode from full screen windowed mode.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to pickpocket NPCs.
- Fixed a UI error related to the dye system.
Guilds & Guild Traders
- ESO version 1.42 addressed a bug where Guild Traders occasionally wouldn’t display the associated Guild in their nameplate.
- Fixed a UI error that could occur when zooming on the map.
ESO update 1.42 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available for download.