Destiny 2 Update 1.17 is now available for download. The new Destiny 2 1.17 comes with various changes and game improvements. In addition, Destiny 2 version 1.17 also includes stability and performance enhancements. Recently, players were experiencing connection related issues on consoles. Today’s patch also addressed the Tower and Raid blackscreen issues. Additionally, Rumble player count will be reduced to 6 total players.
Apart from this, the Competitive Playlists now features a quitter penalty. This new system will now issue temporary restrictions, 30 minutes in length, for habitual quitters. Leaving a match early for any reason, from improper network settings to an idle time-out while getting the door for a food delivery, can result in a temporary restriction.
Destiny 2 Update 1.17 Patch Notes
- Reducing Rumble player count from 8 to 6
- Changes to respawn system to help prevent players from spawning near opponents
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to load into the Tower
- Fixed an issue where Vendors sometimes would not load in the Tower
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to load into Raid encounters
- Increased monitoring for ZEBRA errors, soon to be split into BEET and KALE.
- When playing strike or Crucible activities, “repeat reduction” is introduced to prevent players from having to play the same strike or crucible map many times in succession.
- With Destiny 1.17 update, Exotic repetition reduction will prevent players from receiving the same Exotic reward multiple times in a row from Exotic engrams.
- Players can still receive repeated Exotic rewards from Milestones and other sources.
Other Changes in Destiny 2 1.17
- Increased the max power handicap from 40 to 45 on the Nightfall Challenge Card.
- The timer to activate patrols has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
- Destiny 2 version 1.17 addressed an issue where players could be prevented from reaching the boss encounter of “A Garden World”.
- Fixed an issue where some Emblems were not displaying what statistic they track.
- Added various bug fixes and improvements.
- Destiny 2 1.17 addressed an issue where applying or previewing a shader on an item would return players to the top page of the shader inventory.
The game developers also increasing security measures to improve the Crucible environment as a whole. Additionally, the Weekly Crucible Playlist which includes Rumble, Mayhem, and 6v6 Iron Banner will become available to all.
Previously, update 1.1.3 was released. Check your game update and download the latest update Destiny 2 Update 1.17.