Battlefield 1 Update 1.18 is now rolling out on PS4 and PC. The Xbox One players will receive the update soon. The new Battlefield 1 1.18 update includes Turning Tides – North Sea DLC and Base Game Update. According to the EA, North Sea content will be limited to Premium Pass and Battlefield 1 Revolution owners for their 2-week Early Access, however, the Battlefield 1 version 1.18 download is required for all players for online play. In addition, the base game update includes various bug fixes and game improvements. Check out the patch preview below.
What’s New in Battlefield 1 Update 1.18 (January Update)
Battlefield 1 January patch is the game’s biggest ever update. You can expect a massive host of changes. There will be the weapon rebalance, which will bring the time to kill much closer to Battlefield 4’s, making several of Battlefield 1’s weapons more relevant.
Additionally, the second part of the Turning Tides DLC – North Sea is also now available for Premium and Revolution Edition owners. The latest DLC includes two new maps – Heligoland Bight and Zeebrugge and much more.
- Heligoland Bight (map): Engage in an epic naval clash as the British Royal Marines and German Navy pit dreadnoughts, destroyers, and aircraft against each other while infantry troops fight by the iconic red cliffs of Rocky Cove.
- Zeebrugge (map): Take part of the daring British raid on the Belgian port of Bruges-Zeebrugge with rough waves and a vast German mole as backdrop. Fight at sea, in the air, and in close-quarter infantry environments.
- Royal Marines (British army): Don the characteristic blue uniform of the British Empire’s elite naval troops and charge into battle with the new Royal Marines.
- C-Class Airship: Deliver death from above in a nimble airship with room for a pilot with three gunners.
- Engaging Enemies in Frantic Firefights – Facing off with enemy squads, you’ll find that the Battlefield 1 weapons are better balanced than ever. The new Battlefield 1.18 update tweaked how each weapon in the different classes stack up against each other and made sure the different weapon families are effective under ideal conditions. There are also some adjustments to the “Time to Kill” amount.
- Joining the Frantic Multiplayer Mayhem by a Fortified Mole – The boiled-up intensity of you and the enemy team converging on the Zeebrugge map’s fortified mole is an incredible experience. Prepare for memorable infantry battles under dark skies, followed by fights in the air and at sea, using powerful Destroyers, agile Attack Planes, and more. Get ready for exhilarating variety and hours of all-out amphibious warfare.
The official Battlefield 1.18 Changelog is not available yet. We’ll update the article as soon as it goes live after 4am PT, 7am ET. Meanwhile, check your game update and download the latest Battlefield 1 Update 1.18.
Update: You can now read full Battlefield Update changelog here.