ARK update 1.87 patch notes for PS4 and Xbox One is now available. According to the official ARK 1.87 patch notes, the new ARK Survival Evolved 1.87 update has added new Valentine’s Day Event to the game. Apart from this, the ARK version 1.87 also includes various fixes related to crashing, UI bug, stuttering/lag, framerate drop, and more.
The previous big update was released with a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players were experiencing a number of performance issues. Today’s ARK 1.87 patch is expected to fix all these errors. Check out more details here.
ARK Update 1.87 for PS4 Patch Notes
Valentine’s Day Event!
- Auto Activates from 2/12 – 2/18 for non-TCs
- Run with ActiveEvent=vday to toggle manually
- Event Rates:
- 2x Mating/Mate boost Range
- 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery
- 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed
- 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption
- Event Details:
- Dino color spawns: Creatures have a 20% chance to spawn with holiday themed colors
- When mating, creatures have a 25% chance to drop an item. That item has a 50/50 chance to be one of the following:
- Valentines Chocolate: Restore full HP, or knock 40% off a Dino’s Tame Bar
- Valentines Candy: Random dino colors
- Ice Breath damage is now scaled by distance to the target
- Improvements to situations where Managarmrs float away
- Whistle Follow or Whistle Stop will order the Managarmr to stop their active ability and return to ground
- Reduced Ice Breath freeze amount
- Increased time between Freeze Debuffs
- Fix for exploit related to Rafts
- Fix for exploit related to Tek Gloves
- Fix for exploit related to Owl and babies
- Fix for exploit related to Owl
- Fix for exploit related to Desert Titan lightning
- Fix for exploit related to Ladders
- Fix for exploit related to Chairs
- Environment memory improvements
- Have Ice Titan consider more targets as a leapable-enemy
- Fix for Desert Titan sometimes freezing/refusing to move during boss fight
- Fix for Desert Titan occasionally flying out of world bounds
- Untamed Desert Titan ground targeted lightning attack will now have a variable delay
- Removed Burning debuff that the lightning field puts on enemies
- Reduced damage to structures from melee attacks
- Added “Enable Mating” under Behavior dial on Dinos, wandering is no longer required to mate
- Change dino hover UI to read “Enable Wander or Mating to Mate” instead of “Enable Wander to Mate”
- Moved chatbox down to lower left corner
- Increased Bullet/Arrow stack size to 100 (from 50).
- Reduced Auto/Heavy turret inventory size roughly 40%, to accommodate ammo stack change (results in slight increase of max # of bullets they can store)
- Finish increasing tribe group rank limit from 5 to 10
- A player can not accept alliance invites unless they are tribe admin
- Alliance invites and new tribes added or removed from alliances is now logged in the Tribe Log.
- Tooltips now contain the stats of the dino
- Mating timer now advances while in a Cryopod unless the Cryopod is transferred, then it is reset to respect the new server’s MatingIntervalMultiplier
- Baby aging is paused while in a Cryopod
- Baby imprinting is paused while in a Cryopod
- Baby gestation is aborted when entering a Cryopod
- Reduced Air Conditioning SFX radius
- No longer affects Quetz and Karkinos
- Stun cooldown increased vs dinos, 5 seconds -> 7.5 seconds
- Halved torpidity decrease rate
- You can now struggle to get out of bola faster
- Added [ServerSettings] ItemStackSizeMultiplier to allow increasing or decreasing item stack size
- Added [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode] ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity to allow manually overriding item stack size on a per-item basis
Mesh Memory Optimizations
- Parasaur Saddle
- Rex Saddle
- Sauropod Saddle
- Various Particle Meshes
Particle Memory Optimizations
- Dino Leash
- Fixed missing Bionic skins
- ARK version 1.87 fixed crashing issues.
- Fixed stuttering and lag issues with ARK update 1.87.
- Added performance and stability improvements.
- ARK 1.87 fixes for the server that caused connection issues.
- Fixed some glitches with ARK 1.87.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Various minor bug fixes and changes.
ARK update 1.87 on PS4 is now available for download.