ARK update 1.68 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available for download. According to the official ARK 1.68 patch notes, the new ARK Survival Evolved update comes with ARK Dino TLC 2 with the animation updates, texture updates, and new abilities. In addition, the ARK version 1.68 also includes fixes for Ragnarok update which includes fixes for multiple holes, bugged beacons, floating foliage, and more.
The new ARK Dino TLC phase 2 includes animation changes, sound, and improvements for various creatures updates. According to the game developers, 6 creatures receive changes with this patch. This includes the Argentavis, Parasaur, Raptor, Sarcosuchus, Spinosaur, and Triceratops. Previously, Dino TLC phase 1 was released with similar improvements. Check out full details below.
ARK 1.68 Update Patch Notes
Dino TLC 2
Dino TLC – Argentavis!
– ARK update 1.68 added new abilities, animation update, texture update, a model update.
– Can carry two creatures
Right Stick – grabs/releases creatures with beak
Main grab – grabs/releases creatures with claws
– Health regen buff from consuming corpses
– Saddle acts as a mobile crafting station
– ARK PS4 1.68 reduced the weight of various resources by up to 50% (Obsidian, Metal, Metal Ingot, Polymer, and Stone)
Dino TLC – Parasaur!
– ARK version 1.68 receives a sound tweak and some new abilities:
– Alarm mode
Can be put in turret mode and check for nearby threats
Notifies you audibly and visually when threats are present
– Scare small creatures
Right stick when ridden – scares away small/mid creatures
Toggle for alarm mode to have it automatically do it
Can trigger a scan (secondary attack) when ridden
Scans for nearby threats
Notifies you visually when threats are present
Dino TLC – Raptor!
– ARK 1.68 added a model update, new abilities, animation update, texture update.
Secondary attack to pounce on a target
Pins small targets to ground for short period
Press Main attack to bite repeatedly
– Pack Buff
Activates with right stick when 2 Raptors (with a max pack size of 6) are together
Increases damage resistance
Increases movement speed
Increases attack speed
Dino TLC – Sarco!
– ARK update 1.68 added a model update, texture update, animation update, and some new abilities:
– Idles with mouth open now
– Death roll
Grabs its target and rolls dealing damage and disabling them
Can lunge towards a target in front of it with right stick
– 180 attack
Can spin in place to attack foes behind it
Allows friendly humans to walk on and stand on its back
Useful in water, you can move them to surface and use as a raft
– Swimming depth
Maintains its current depth when swimming
Can lurk just below the surface
– Piranhas Flee
Piranhas flee when they encounter a Sarcosuchus
Includes nearby ally Sarcos for players
Dino TLC – Spino!
– ARK version 1.68 added texture update, a model update, animation update, and some new abilities:
– Water buff
Given when in water
Bonus movement speed
Bonus turning radius
Bonus attack damage
Persists for short period after leaving the water
– Added Biped/Quadruped toggled with secondary attack
Can turn in place
Faster movement speed
– Prefers prime fish for taming
Dino TLC – Trike!
– ARK update 1.68 Receives animation update, a model update, texture update, and some new abilities:
Charge up for short period
Longer it’s charged, the faster it goes
Cripples target when hit
Knocks small dinos away while charging (charge a group of dodos to see)
– Rivalry buff
Given buff when nearby to large carnivores
Increases damage output slightly
Decreases damage taken slightly
Increases health by 10%
Other Fixes in ARK 1.68 Update
– ARK 1.68 added fixes for Ragnarok update
Streaming bounds fix to help with memory
Fixed multiple holes, bugged beacons, and floating foliage.
Better lighting around LL dungeon
– Hole fixes for
– ARK version 1.68 addressed an issue where Griffin feather colors appeared to be default in single player.
Check your game update and download the latest ARK 1.68 update.