Absolver Update 1.13 for PS4 and PC is now available for download. According to the Absolver 1.13 patch notes, there are a lot of gameplay changes, bug fixes, and other improvements. In addition, Absolver version 1.13 also added a new AFK feature where inactive players will be warned, then kicked from 1v1 and 3v3 games after 60 seconds. Check out more details below.
New Game Details
In the attributes panel, you can now see how your Combat Style bonuses impact your attribute points. It will make it easier for you to manage your attribute points and see where the soft caps start.
Also added a detailed version of each attack’s parameters and you can access in the attacks list panel. It features values such as range, impact on guard, stamina cost, advantage frames on hit (in gold link), etc.
- Reduced the Combat Style attribute bonuses. Now, having 2 attributes at max value will have a strong impact on the other ones.
Increased the number of attacks having damage scaling to have strength, dexterity, and mobility become more viable attributes.
- Balanced most of the attacks. Keep in mind that because attacks can be used in different contexts (before or after any attack, with different combat styles, etc.), we need to take into account the whole roster of attacks to balance them properly. So when we work on balance, it can impact all the attacks.
- Fixed a nasty bug that sped up 17 attacks (including Back Tripped Kick, Double Fist Stretch and Grab Punch) and slowed down 17 others (like Spinning Wide Hook and Collar Chop) under specific conditions linked to absorb.
- Made a move towards creating more combat variety by making the weapons more reliable.
- Increased the durability & disarm gauge of all weapons as well as the disarm regen overtime when you are holding the weapon.
- Added a bonus effect lasting 5s when a Stagger character avoids an attack with any avoiding attack (including its own special attacks). This bonus effect gives “stamina regen x1.2”, “actions stamina cost x0.8”, and is stackable (similarly to the bonus effect given by the Kahlt absorb).
- Increased the “stun on hit” of the stagger special attacks and a little bit of their range.
- Increased the stamina gain on avoiding successful (35 -> 40), and the slowdown when avoided.
- Added freeze frames (6 frames) on the attacker when “absorbed”. After the freeze frames, the attacker can still perform a gold link attack. It’s a slight buff against fast light attacks but will have no real impact on medium/strong attacks.
- Doubled the stamina cost of the absorb ability (5 -> 10).
- Increased the impact of every attack on guard to lessen “turtle-strategy” behaviors.
Absolver 1.13 Patch Note
- Added new 3v3 intro and outro animations, specific to combat style
- Level Design modifications on the Oratian Quarters map
- AFK feature: inactive players are warned, then kicked from 1v1 and 3v3 games after 60 seconds.
- [SFX] Debug on intro music
- [SFX] Various tweaks on music and SFX events
- [Gameplay] Debug on timer notification for extra time
- [Gameplay] Debug on 3v3 maps: invisible walls should not occur anymore
- [UI] Fixed issue where points gauges would not update when joining an active game
- Add stamina regen bonus (x1.2) & actions stamina cost (x0.8) during 5s when avoid with an attack.
- Increase range & stun of stagger special attacks
- Increase stamina gain (35 → 40)
- Slowdown increased when avoided
- Add freeze frames (6) on attacker
- Increase stamina cost (5 → 10)
- Increase stun 20 → 30
- Decrease knockback when blocked 168 → 100cm
- Remove stamina instant bonus
- Decrease stamina regen bonus
- Combat Style attribute bonuses have been decreased & attack damage scaling increased
- Increase weapons durability & disarm gauge. Give back amount of shards when sheath weapon
Balancing on all attacks:
- Gold link release set specifically per attack
- Damage take in account this release
- Grab Punch: start-up increased 19 → 21
- Breaking attacks: increase knockback when blocked
- Charging attacks: decrease damage and damage scaling
- Increase slightly impact on stamina when guarding
- Dodge anti-spam: increase release 13 → 16 (no changes when cancelled by attack or special ability)
- [Gameplay] Fixed a bug where some attacks had a faster startup than expected after absorbing a hit (including Grab Punch and Back Tripped Kick)
- [Gameplay] Fixed a bug where Donkey Slap 2nd hit does not connect after absorbing a hit
- [Gameplay] Fixed Twist Parry Strike active frames
- [Gameplay] Fixed parry direction for Twist Hips Slash and Parry Slash
- [Gameplay] Set the target on middle for Spiral Palm
- [Gameplay] Moved the startup visual feedback on the other arm for Collar Chop
- [Dye] Various debug on dye issues with some cloaks and undertops
- [Text] Various text typos fixes in English language
- [SFX] Various tweaks on music and SFX events in the World and cutscenes
- [UI] Debug on picto issues
- [Menu] Essence Shop: Fixed a warglove issue in the shop: Barbarian War Gloves are now available
- [1v1] Fixed a bug occuring when the user score was not reset after matchmaking with a different opponent
- [Gear] Fixed a bug where the Tear Chief Undertop would have better stats when broken compared to repaired
- The Attribute panel has been updated
- Menu: The Credit menu has been updated
- Dye Menu: The Dye menu layout has been updated
- Attacks’ advanced details have been added.
Check your game update and download latest Absolver Update 1.13 on your PS4 and PC.